Folded or straight bellows
They are used to protect linear guides, machine benches, racks, lifting tables, components or parts of a machine. Against dust, acids, bases, oils, coolant, chips, abrasives, projections, …
Our manufacturing system allows us to adapt to any dimension.
The folded bellows are manufactured in a variety of available materials, depending on the environment and working conditions. These are lightweight materials with a high compression ratio.
Always made to measure to better adapt to your needs, without implying an extra cost.
We use a variety of manufacturing methods, depending on the application:
- High frequency welding.
Tell us your need for protection and our sales technicians will provide you with the best solution.
Bellows Covers Features
Our protective covers can be manufactured in various ways:
- To cover multiple sides: “U” shaped, rectangular, square, “L” shaped.
- Curtain type to cover only one side.
- Round or hexagonal to protect shafts and other cylindrical components of the machine.
- Roof shape.
They are manufactured with internal rigid PVC reinforcements in each fold, with the internal shape adapted to the guide to be protected.
We have various types of fabrics depending on the need of protection. The most used for FOLDED bellows (accordion type) are:
- PVC coated polyester in various thicknesses, against UV, fungicide, protection against splashes of water, dust, small splashes of oils or coolant, also suitable for in acidic media.
- PVC coated polyester with M2 treatment. Antistatic, conductive, explosion proof (ATEX).
- Polyester Coated Polyurethane (PU): Good resistance to chips, oils, ammonia, solvents. Suitable for machine tools.
- Polyester coated Black silicone: Insulating, non-stick, resistant to solvents, skydrol, bitumen, diesel, ASTM1 oils, etc.
- Viton coated fiberglass: very good resistance to oils, chips, sparks, temperature, chemical attacks.
- Teflon coated fiberglass: Very high chemical resistance, dielectic resistance, non-stick.
- Aluminized Preox Aramid: With excellent mechanical tensile strength, aramid (kevlar®) has high shear strength. Normally used with high temperature: in metallurgy, near furnaces, etc.
The standard PVC or Polyurethane fabrics are black, white or gray. For other colors, contact us.
Terminals are made of aluminum, steel or rigid PVC with or without holes, as required.
Other options: collars, velcro, pressure, double-sided adhesive, magnets.
The internal guide formed by rigid PVC reinforcements adapts to the shape of the guide to be protected. We can carry out unlimited forms of guidance.
As standard, they are made with 1mm or 2mm thick rigid PVC guide reinforcements in each fold, to achieve better maintenance and alignment of the bellows.
Air vents (only in closed bellows). To facilitate the extension and understanding of the bellows, especially at high working speeds.
Longitudinal zipper, Velcro® or pre-glued band (only in closed bellows), to allow it to be fitted without having to disassemble the mechanical parts.
Opening Limiter straps.
Outer Grommets for Support Rod.
Stainless steel lamellas, for a perfect resistance to the impact of incandescent chips at high temperatures of up to + 900ºC.
The slats or sheets can be both mobile and fixed, the mobile ones are installed when when compressing the bellows we do not have more space and we need the slats to rise to 90º, on the other hand if we have space behind the bellows, we can place them fixed, achieving thus, a better seal between the slats, and consequently, preventing small chips from “straining” between the slats.